Thomas F. Turner's Publications
- Osborne, M. J., D. Alò , M. Benavides, and T. F. Turner. 2005. Genetic effects of captive rearing and propagation in the Rio Grande silvery minnow, Hybognathus amarus. Fisheries Research . In press.
- Alò , D., and T. F. Turner. 2005. Effects of habitat fragmentation on effective population size in the endangered Rio Grande silvery minnow. Conservation Biology 19: 1138 – 1148.
- Osborne, M. J., M. A. Benavides, and T. F. Turner. 2005. Genetic heterogeneity among pelagic egg samples and variance in reproductive success in an endangered freshwater fish, Hybognathus amarus. Environmental Biology of Fishes 73: 463 – 472.
- Moyer, G. R., K. O. Winemiller, M. V. McPhee , and T. F. Turner. 2005. Historical demography, selection, and coalescence of mitochondrial and nuclear genes in Prochilodus species of northern South America. Evolution 59: 599-610.
- Moyer, G. R., M. J. Osborne, and T. F. Turner. 2005. Genetic and ecological dynamics of species replacement in an arid-land river. Molecular Ecology 14: 1263-1273.
J. P., D. Alò , and T. F. Turner.
2004. A genetic perspective on management and
recovery of federally endangered trout (Oncorhynchus
gilae) in the American Southwest .
Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci
. 61: 1890-1899.
- McPhee , M.V., and T. F. Turner. 2004. No genetic evidence for hybridization between Rio Grande sucker, Catostomous plebeius, and white sucker, C. commersoni, in the upper Rio Grande New Mexico. Environmental Biology of Fishes 71: 85-93.
- E. Saillant , K. Cizdziel , K. G. O'Malley, T. F. Turner, C. L. Pruett and J. R. Gold. 2004. Microsatellite markers for red drum, Sciaenops ocellatus. Gulf of Mexico Science 22 (1): 101-107.
- Turner, T. F., T. E. Dowling, R. E. Broughton, and J. R. Gold. 2004. Variable microsatellite markers amplify across divergent lineages of cyprinid fishes. Conservation Genetics 5 (2): 279-281.
- Turner, T. F., M. V. McPhee, P. Campbell, and K. O. Winemiller. 2004. Phylogeography and intraspecific genetic variation of prochilodontid fishes endemic to rivers of northern South America. J. Fish Biology 64:186-201.
- Wares, J.P., and T. F. Turner. 2003. Phylogeography and Diversification in Aquatic Mollusks. In: Molecular Systematics and Phylogeography of Mollusks. C. Lydeard and D. Lindberg, eds. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C., 328 p.
- Edwards, M.S., and T. F. Turner. 2003. Stable isotope analysis provides clues about current and past river food webs (New Mexico). Ecological Restoration 21:49.
- Turner, T. F., J.P. Wares, and J.R. Gold. 2002. Genetic effective size is three orders of magnitude lower than adult census size in an abundant, estuarine dependent marine fish (Sciaenops ocellatus). Genetics 162: 1329-1339.
- Edwards, M.S., T.F. Turner, and Z.D. Sharp. 2002. Short- and long-term effects of fixation and preservation on stable isotope ratios (d13C, d15N, d34S) of fluid-preserved museum specimens Copeia 2002(4):1106-1112.
- Gold, J.R., and T. F. Turner. 2002. Population structure of red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus) in the northern Gulf of Mexico, as inferred from variation in nuclear-encoded microsatellites. Marine Biology 142:249-265.
- Gold, J.R., C.P. Burridge , and T. F. Turner. 2001. A modified stepping-stone model of population structure in red drum from the northern Gulf of Mexico. Genetica 111:305-317.
- Turner, T. F., L.A. Salter, J.R. Gold. 2001. Temporal method estimates of Ne from highly polymorphic loci. Conservation Genetics 2(4):297-308.
- Charnov , E. L., T. F. Turner, and K.O. Winemiller. 2001. Reproductive constraints and the evolution of life histories with indeterminate growth. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 98:9460-9464 .
- Turner, T. F. 2001. Comparative study of larval transport and gene flow in darters. Copeia 2001(3): 766-774.
- Turner T. F., J.C. Trexler, J.L. Harris, and J.L. Haynes. 2000. Nested cladistic analysis indicates population fragmentation shapes genetic diversity in a freshwater mussel. Genetics 154:777-785.
- Turner, T. F., L.R. Richardson, and J.R. Gold. 1999. Temporal genetic variation of mtDNA and effective female population size of red drum in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Molecular Ecology 8:1223-1230.
- Gold, J.R., L.R. Richardson, and T. F. Turner. 1999. Temporal stability and spatial divergence of mitochondrial DNA haplotype frequencies in red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus) from coastal regions of the western Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico. Marine Biology 133:593-602.
- Turner, T. F., L.R. Richardson, and J.R. Gold. 1998. Polymorphic microsatellite DNA markers in red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus). Molecular Ecology 7: 1771-1773.
- Turner T. F., and J.C. Trexler. 1998. Ecological and historical associations of gene flow in darters (Teleostei :Percidae). Evolution 52: 1781-1801.
- Turner, T. F., and J.R. Gold. 1998. What kind of genetic information is best for estimating genetic effective population size? A case study of three classes of molecular markers surveyed in red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus) from the Gulf of Mexico. Proc. Gulf Coast Fisheries Institute 50:1043-1052.
1997 and before
- Turner, T. F. 1997. Mitochondrial control region sequences and phylogenetic systematics of darters. Copeia 1997(2): 319-338.
- Turner, T. F., J.C. Trexler, D.N. Kuhn, and H.W. Robison. 1996. Life history variation and comparative phylogeography of darters from the North American central highlands. Evolution 50: 2023-2036.
- Turner, T. F., J.C. Trexler, G.L. Miller, K. E. Toyer . 1994. Temporal and spatial dynamics of larval and juvenile fishes in a temperate floodplain river. Copeia 1994: 174-183.
- Turner, T. F., J. E. Ahlquist, M.M. White, and R. Kelsey. 1993. Variation in genome organization and composition of repeated DNAs among three species of fish (Family: Percidae). J. Hered . 93: 70-73.
- Turner, T. F., J. E. Ahlquist , and M.M. White. 1990. A thermal denaturation study of the genomic DNAs from the North American genera of the fish family Percidae. J. Fish Biol. 37: 531-539.
Last Update 16
August, 2005, by T. Turner; © T. Turner